The HPE B-series SN8700B 64Gb SAN Director is offered with the flexibility of both Non-Port side Intake (NPI) and with Non-Port side Exhaust (NPE).
HPE SN8700B Director blades are available and fully-integrated with 48 64Gb short wave, 48 32Gb short wave, or 48 32Gb long wave transceivers.
The HPE SN8700B Director offers reduced latency compared to the previous generation.
Up to 384 64Gbps line rate ports or up to 512 32Gbps line rate ports for device connectivity. Along with 32 ICL connections for an additional 128 ports for chassis-to-chassis interconnect.
Core blade upgrades for the HPE SN8600B Director Switch allow customers to upgrade and unlock the features and 64Gb port bandwidth of the HPE SN8700B Director Switch without replacing their chassis.
Supports flash-based storage workloads with up to 1 billion IOPS utilizing 48-port 64Gb FC blade, 64-port 32Gb QSFP blade, 48-port 32Gb FC blade, and 32Gb SAN extension blade.
HPE SAN Director family provides higher chassis, slot-to-slot, and port performance, enabling faster deployment of applications.
HPE B-series SAN Director Switches offer local switching capabilities to verify that data traffic within the same port group does not consume slot bandwidth, increasing the number of line-rate ports.
HPE SAN Director Switch features up to 64Gbps FC performance and up to 31Tbps chassis bandwidth to address I/O and bandwidth-intensive applications for private cloud storage and highly virtualized environments.
Increase scalability with up to 2X throughput for high-density virtual machine (VM) deployments and larger fabrics, allowing organizations to support more storage devices using the same number of FC links. 
The HPE I/O Insight software with 64Gb and 32Gb FC technology enhances visibility into the health of your SAN.
HPE SAN Director simplifies monitoring, management, and diagnostics to avoid problems before they impact operations and it dramatically reduces total cost of ownership (TCO).
HPE SN8700B and SN8600B SAN Directors integrated with HPE Network Orchestrator (NetO) offer greater visibility into your SAN fabric.
Enables pro-active monitoring of I/O performance and behavior through integrated network sensors, allowing real-time monitoring of NVMe workloads, providing deep insight into problems, and improving service-level agreements (SLAs).
With new automation, organizations can quickly and reliably perform resource intensive tasks, such as provisioning, and enable uninterrupted SAN monitoring, so that tasks can be completed in less time. With automation, organizations can automate repetitive daily tasks and deliver consistent results.
Improves Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Solutions
Provides native 10Gbps FC support on the 32Gb and 64Gb blade.
The HPE SAN Director delivers high bandwidth, port density, and throughput required for application performance over WAN connections addressing demanding disaster recovery (DR) requirements through 64Gb, 32Gb FC, and 1GbE/10GbE/40GbE ports.
Reduces bandwidth costs with in-flight data compression at wire speed and increases security with in-flight data encryption.
HPE HPE SN8600B 8-slot Power Pack+ Director Switch, HPE SN8600B 4-slot Power Pack+ Director Switch, HPE SN8700B 8-slot Power Pack+ Director Switch, and HPE SN8700B 4-slot Power Pack+ Director Switch seamlessly integrate with NVMe throughout the fabric.
Enables high-density, core-edge, and active-active mesh chassis topologies reducing inter-switch cabling by up to 75%. 
To meet ever-increasing demands for faster, more reliable data access, it is essential for organizations to deploy a modernized infrastructure that reduces latency, increases bandwidth, and helps ensure near-continuous availability. Unprecedented performance is not enough on its own.
- Port speed
- Up to 64Gbps, depending on model
- Aggregate switch bandwidth
- Up to 31 Tbps, depending on model and blades selected
- Encryption capability
- In-flight encryption, data at rest encryption, depending on model
- Availability features
- High availability with redundant hot swappable components, redundant power and cooling subsystems, automatic control processor failover non-disruptive “hot” software code loads, and activation concurrent hardware upgrades.
- Form factor
- 14U 8-Slot and 8U 4-Slot (4-Slot is 9U with airflow diversion rack-mount kit)
- Management features
- B-series SAN Network Advisor
- Integration with Storage Essentials, HPE OneView 1.2, HPE Intelligent Infrastructure Analyzer Software, PowerPack+ Software, Fabric Vision Software, ClearLink diagnostics.
- The HPE SN8700B SAN Director is upgradable with 64Gb and 32Gb capable FC port blades and the HPE SN8600B SAN Director is upgradable with 32Gb FC port blades. The HPE SN8600B SAN Extension Blade is supported on both the HPE SN8700B and HPE SN8600B SAN Directors providing FC extension (16×32Gb/s FC ports) and IP extension over IP networks (16×1GbE/10GbE and 2×40GbE ports).
- Software (required)
- HPE Power Pack+ software comes with the HPE SN8700B and SN8600B SAN Director
- Software (optional)
- FICON CUP, MP Blade Performance Extension, Enterprise ICL License, and Fabric Vision Software