HPE D3000 Disk Enclosures
Support for 14TB Large Form Factor (LFF) SAS and SATA HDDs on D3600/D3610 enclosures.
Affordable Storage for Capacity Demand
HPE D3000 Enclosures 12 Gb SAS provides a higher level of redundancy and reliability, reducing single-points-of-failure within the storage network.
The modular platform provides investment protection by allowing purchases based on your current need and future plans without hidden management fees.
Increase your data speed with enterprise-class, dual-port SAS drives as need and budget dictate.
The HPE D3610 and HPE D3710 standardizing on Gen10 branding/industrial design to align with ProLiant Gen10 Servers.
Flexible and Scalable with Room to Expand
Solid state drive support for up to 25 drives per Smart Array Controllers on all HPE D3000 models.
Smart Array Controllers allow mixing D3600 or the D3610 and the D3700 or the D3710 enclosures for expansion, up to four D3600 or D3610 and four D3700 or D3710 (4x LFF and 4x SFF) allowing for expansion up to 148 drives.
With the HPE D3700 and the Gen10 branded HPE D3710 SFF you can increase to 200 drives or up to eight SFF enclosures from a single controller port.
Designed to give you room to expand as your storage demands increase, the HPE D3600 and the Gen10 branded HPE D3610 LFF can swell to 96 drives. You can also add up to eight HPE D3600 or HPE D3610 LFF enclosures from a single controller port.
The HPE D3000 Enclosures give you the flexibility to mix and match SAS, SATA and Solid State drives in the same enclosure, and extend the benefit of tiered storage to your customers.
Easy to Manage
The HPE D3000 Enclosures uses familiar HPE ProLiant management tools including HPE Systems Insight Manager and the HPE Array Configuration Utility (ACU) software.
Little IT expertise is required to manage the enclosures.
The HPE D3000 Enclosures are compatible with selected HPE Smart Array SAS Controllers and HBAs.
The HPE D3000 Enclosures support the HPE SmartDrive Carrier, enabling a single set of common drives for Gen8, Gen9 and Gen10 ProLiant servers and D3000 Enclosures.
Microsoft Windows 2012 Storage Spaces support Gen9 ProLiant servers and H241 HBA.
- 1344 TB maximum, depending on drive capacity and form factor
- Form factor
- Storage expansion options
- HPE D3000 Enclosures support up to eight enclosures cascading off single x4 SAS port
- Systems Insight Manager support
- Storage mirroring support
- SAN backup support
- Host interface
- 12 Gb/s SAS
- Drive description
- 96 HPE LFF SAS/SATA HDDs/SSDs or 200 HPE SFF SAS/SATA HDDs/SSDs, Maximum, depending on model
- Storage controller
- HPE Smart Array E208e-p, HPE Smart Array P408e-p, HPE Smart Array P441, HPE Smart Array P822, HPE Smart Array P841, HPE Smart Array P721m, HPE Smart Array P731m, HPE Smart Array P741m, HPE H222 Host Bus Adapter, HPE H241 Host Bus Adapter are supported
- Compatible operating systems
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019, Microsoft Windows Server 2016, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES), VMware ESX depending on host connectivity
- Product Dimensions (metric)
- HPE D3600/D3610 LFF: 8.7 x 44.8 x 59.8 cm HPE D3700/D3710 SFF: 8.7 x 44.8 x 54.6 cm
- Product Dimensions (imperial)
- HPE D3600/D3610 LFF: 3.44 x 17.64 x 23.54 in HPE D3700/D3710 SFF: 3.44 x 17.64 x 21.48 in
- No disk drives: 17.2 kg D3600/D3610 fully populated with LFF disk drives: 27.2 kg D3700/D3710 SFF fully populated with SFF disk drives: 24.9 kg
- No disk drives: 38 lb D3600/D3610 fully populated with LFF disk drives: 60 lb D3700/D3710 SFF fully populated with SFF disk drives: 54.90 lb