Port On Demand (PoD) Kits including a PoD upgrade license, activating 24 ports, and 24 32Gb Fibre Channel optics.
The HPE B-series SN6650B Fibre Channel Switch supports up to 4 Tbps bandwidth with very low latency < 780 ns (including FEC) through the use of cut-through switching.
Shatters application performance barriers with up to 200 million IOPS utilizing up to 566 million frame switching per second.
Delivers up to 384 Gbps of combined in-flight encryption and 192 Gbps of in-flight compression to improve bandwidth and help minimize the risk of unauthorized access.
Built-in ASIC enables I/O insight into NVMe/FC storage traffic with VM-level granularity to validate and fine-tune performance for better efficiency.
Internal fault-tolerant and enterprise-class RAS features help minimize downtime to support growing mission-critical environments.
Easy Manageability with Simple and Open Automation
Supports I/O Insight and VM Insight (included in HPE Power Pack+ software) to provide deeper visibility into FC/NVMe traffic.
Easier integration into third-party tools utilizing a library of templates and scripts (REST APIs) to help deploy applications faster.
The HPE B-series SN6650B Fibre Channel Switch provides tools to simplify and automate operations enabling DevOps resources to orchestrate SAN resources through open APIs and the Ansible automation engine.
Supports 32/16/10/8/4 Gb Fibre Channel.
Offers cost-effective pay-as-you-grow scalability, expanding from 48 to 128 ports with flexible Ports on Demand (PoD).
Provides 96 32Gb SFP+ ports and eight 4×32Gb QSFP ports to enable data centers to scale efficiently and deliver more connectivity with fewer switches.
HPE B-series SN6650B Fibre Channel Switch delivers industry-leading port density with 128 Fibre Channel ports in an elegant 2U form factor.
- Port speed
- 32 Gb
- Aggregate switch bandwidth
- 4.096 Tbps
- Protocol supported
- Fibre Channel
- Encryption capability
- Security types: DH-CHAP (between switches and end devices), FCAP switch authentication HTTPS, IPsec, IP filtering, LDAP with IPv6, OpenLDAP, Port Binding, RADIUS, TACACS+, user-defined Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), Secure Copy (SCP), Secure RPC, Secure Syslog, SFTP, SSH v2, SSL, Switch Binding, Trusted Switch. The HPE B-series SN6650B Fiber Channel Switch provides up to 12 in-flight encryption and compression ports.
- Availability features
- Hot plug and redundant: Two power supply (FRUs) with integrated power module, three FAN FRUs with two fans each. Enhanced fault detection, Forward error correction (FEC) on 16Gb (configuration dependent) and 32Gb (FEC on full time) for all data paths and system memory.
- Form factor
- HPE SN6650B 24-port SFP upgrade E-LTU (Port on demand) HPE SN6650B 32-port QSFP upgrade E-LTU (Port-on-demand)
- Software (optional)
- HPE Power Pack+ software (Includes Fabric Vision, Extended Fabric,ISL Trunking, IO Insight and VM Insight) HPE Network Advisor Professional Software (free), HPE SAN Network Advisor Professional Plus Upgrade, HPE SAN Network Advisor Enterprise software, HPE Smart SAN for 3PAR, HPE B-series Integrated Routing
- Product Dimensions (metric)
- 440 x 86.7 x 609.6 mm
- Product Dimensions (imperial)
- 17.32 x 3.41 x 24 in
- 21.31 kg with two power supply FRUs, and three fan FRUs without transceivers
- 47.00 lb with two power supply FRUs, and three fan FRUs without transceivers