LTO-9 support: up to 18 TB native capacity (up to 45 TB compressed) and native data transfer rates of up to 400 MB/s.
Reliable Archival Storage and Restore
Only the highest quality media becomes HPE TeraPack Media. This makes certain you have the most reliable and worry-free data protection possible.
HPE TeraPack Media also undergoes a unique ‘Carbide Clean’ process to remove any trace of debris that may have originated during manufacturing or transportation, giving you additional peace of mind that your system will run at peak performance.
When combining HPE TeraPack Media with HPE’s Enterprise tape library integrated BlueScale® Encryption Key Management, your data is protected with a straightforward, easily installed solution.
Intelligence and Verification
HPE TeraPack Media assures data integrity using an integrated, intelligent, and comprehensive set of Data Integrity Verification (DIV) tools to verify your data has been properly written to tape.
Media Lifecycle Management (MLM) allows you to proactively manage your tape inventory through simple monitoring of over 40 health statistics.
Ease of Management and Installation
Media is customized with individual tapes unwrapped and pre-applied barcode labels bundled in TeraPack containers, ready for bulk loading. An optional dust cover is available for off-site storage in archive.
TeraPack architecture utilizes 3D space within the library frame increasing density per square foot. Additionally, each robot operation can can move up to 10 tapes at a time.
- Archival life
- Base material
- Metal Particle Barium Ferrite Depending on media type
- Bit density
- 545 kbits/inch Maximum, depending on model
- Up to 45 TB, depending on model for LTO. Up to 60 TB compressed for TS 1160.
- Magnetic coercivity
- 2850 Oe Maximum, depending on model
- Media labeling
- Bar code labels pre-attached, varies depending on model and technology.
- Data tracks
- 8960 Maximum, depending on model
- Read speed, media
- 400 MB/sec Maximum (native), depending on model and technology for LTO. 400 MB/sec for TS 1160.
- Tape length
- 1035 m Maximum, depending on model for LTO. 1072 m for TS Series.
- Tape thickness
- 4.9 um Minimum, depending on model for LTO. 5.0 um Minimum for TS Series.
- Tape width
- 12.65 mm
- Recording technology
- LTO-6 Ultrium, LTO-7 Ultrium, LTO-8 Ultrium Type M LTO-7 Initialised, LTO-8 Ultrium, LTO-9 Ultrium, TS 1150 JD, TS 1160 JE.
- Media format
- Re-writable media
- Quantity per Package