HPE MSA 1050 SAN Storage
Affordable, Flash-ready Storage
The HPE MSA 1050 SAN Storage base unit comes factory-configured with dual-controller arrays, four host ports delivering 8 Gb Fibre Channel, 1GbE iSCSI, 10GbE iSCSI or 12 Gb SAS.
Moving to a modern flash-ready array delivers performance enhancement and decreased latencies. Advanced data services and a small investment in flash can take your organization to the next level.
Simple, Proven HPE ProLiant Gen10 server Compatible Shared Storage
Matching industrial design to fit right in with your HPE ProLiant Gen10 servers.
The HPE MSA 1050 SAN storage continues its heritage of providing affordable, easy to use shared storage without a big learning curve with its intuitive setup and management for HPE ProLiant Server administrators.
Advanced Virtualization Services with a Simplified Licensing Approach
No storage expertise necessary; this system dynamically responds to workload changes so you don’t have to.
The HPE MSA 1050 SAN storage leverages flash with easy to use, easy to maintain tiering and read cache technologies.
Expandable and Upgradable to Meet New Demands
With the HPE MSA 1050 SAN storage, you can add additional hard disk drives (HDDs) or disk expansions to your HPE MSA 1050 SAN storage or upgrade to the HPE MSA 2050 SAN storage through data-in-place upgrades; a simple 15 minute upgrade.
No migrations required making it a lot easier to install and manage.
- 672 TB maximum including expansion, depending on model
- Form factor
- 2U rack height
- Storage expansion options
- HPE MSA 2050 SFF Disk Enclosure or HPE MSA 2050 LFF Disk Enclosure
- Systems Insight Manager support
- Storage mirroring support
- SAN backup support
- Clustering support
- Windows, Linux, HP-UX
- Host interface
- 8 Gb Fibre Channel, 4-ports per system or 1 Gb iSCSI, 4-ports per system or 10 Gb iSCSI, 4-ports per system or 12 Gb SAS, 4-ports per system, depending on model
- Drive description
- 96 SFF or 48 LFF Maximum including expansion, depending on model
- Storage controller
- (2) HPE MSA 1050 2-port 8 Gb FC Controllers or (2) HPE MSA 1050 2-port 1 Gb iSCSI Controllers or (2) HPE MSA 1050 2-port 10 Gb iSCSI Controllers or (2) HPE MSA 1050 2-port 12 Gb SAS Controllers, depending on model
- Compatible operating systems
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019, Microsoft Windows Server 2016, Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Red Hat Linux, SuSE SLES Linux, VMware, HP-UX. Detailed information available at: http://www.hpe.com/storage/spock
- Product Dimensions (metric)
- 8.9 x 49.5 x 44.7 cm
- Product Dimensions (imperial)
- 3.5 x 19.5 x 17.6 in
- 17.55 kg
- 38.7 lb